After 23 years in the army; starting in the parachute regiment through to spending time in the air assault regiment. Tony agreed a resettlement fee with the army. He then moved forward, concentrating on his family and a new business venture. Knights Security was then founded, starting with the supply of manpower at a U2 concert at Twickenham Stadium in 2005. Following this, he “still hadn’t found what he was looking for” and then evolved the business to Knights and Sons Security Limited.
After a successful tender for the London 2012 Olympic Games, business started to grow. The skills set Tony learnt in the army helped him and staff with the planning and preparation. Since then, The Knights Group encompasses; Knights Group Security, Knights Training Academy, Knights Management, Knights Property Services, Knight Group Sports and Knights Group Logistics.
Members of staff perceive Tony as the “office dad”. He continues to support and encourage members of staff to develop themselves and is really proud of all the achievements The Knights Group have made.
Tony is a very creative person, always coming up with new ideas to help others and improve situations. Through this The Knights Foundation was initiated in 2015. This has meant he and members of staff have committed time and energy into fundraising activities including supporting;
- The Community Matters Partnership Project (CMPP)
- Aldershot Town Football Club
- Various causes for children with illness and disabilities.
- Homes 4 Heroes
In 2016 Nicky Banger was appointed as CEO to The Knights Foundation, to drive The Foundation and what is offered forward. Tony continues his efforts and support to The Knights Foundation as a Founder and Financial Director.
Role of Financial Director and Financial Planner
The treasurer will oversee the financial matters of the charity in line with good practice and in accordance with the governing document and legal requirements and report to the board of trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation. The treasurer will ensure that effective financial measures, controls and procedures are put in place, and are appropriate for the charity.
Despite the additional responsibility the treasurer will have in overseeing the financial matters of the charity, all trustees continue to be jointly and severally responsible, and therefore liable, for the administration of the charity.
- To oversee, and present budgets, accounts, management accounts and financial statements to the board of trustees after discussion with the Auditor, where applicable.
- To ensure that proper accounts and records are kept, ensuring financial resources are spent and invested in line with the charity’s policies, good governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To be instrumental in the development and implementation of financial, reserves and investment policies.
- Liaising with the Secretary or other appropriate member of staff responsible for the financial activities of the organisation.
- Chairing any finance committee in line with standing orders and terms of reference, and reporting back to the board of trustees.
- Liaising with the charity’s Auditor.
- Monitoring and advising on the financial viability of the charity after liaising with the charity’s auditor.
- Creating, in liaison with the Secretary and Chairperson, sound financial instruments for the control of charity assets.
- Implementing and monitoring specific financial controls and making sure systems are in place accordingly and adhered to.
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan.
- Liaising with the charity secretary, to ensure that the charity’s annual accounts are compliant with the current Charities SORP.
- Acting as a counter-signatory on charity cheques (including any electronic transactions) and any applications for funds.
- Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the charity’s objects.
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation
- 01276 681248